Monday, March 11, 2013

Zambia Bound

I am officially going to Zambia!!!

I found out Saturday evening that they wanted to send me to Kitwe for the next three weeks.
Booked my flights through Mary in the office at 2:00pm this afternoon.
I'm leaving with Lynn at 5:00am to catch the 6:00am CityBug, and the 11:15am flight to Ndola!!!

I'll spend a few days at the Kachele farm in Luanshya, and then Friday I will travel to Kitwe!!! I'll stay in Kitwe with Diana and Byron until April 4th. I'm ready for the next phase of my adventure and to find out what Zambia has to offer. So many people have told me it is going to be amazing, and I had a great send-off from Jen and Dan before dinner. And for dinner, David Bentley showed off his skills by throwing me a good-bye braai. It may have been planned as this weeks Foodapalooza and merely rescheduled in order to happen while I was still here... but it was awesome nonetheless.

Here is a picture of our intake. We won't all be together at the same time, so we had to get one today!

Our Crew!!! (From Left to Right) Back row: Alicia, Dave, and Melissa, Next row: Leyton, me, Mariah, lying down: Joe and Russell.

I'll hopefully be able to write again soon once I'm settled in at the Kachele farm. It's going to be a very busy morning, but it's going to be a fantastic experience and I'm really excited about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment