Saturday, March 16, 2013

In Kitwe!

I saw my first spitting cobra at the farm yesterday. The guys killed it and proceeded to carry it's dead body around on a stick. Boys are exactly the same regardless of where you are and what country they are from! Last night Adam, Alicia, Byron, Diane and I went out to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. For dessert, we got legit Italian gelato from a guy named Marco. I know most people would prefer to go to Italy, but I find it quite amusing that I had my first real Italian gelato in Kitwe, Zambia!

I am settled into my room in Kitwe! It's amazing, I can't wait to show you guys pictures. Though that might have to wait because the internet access here is limited. I do have access at Byron and Diane's: that's the nice part about being neighbors with long-term volunteers! I think I'll take advantage of the excuse to not spend so much free time on the internet though, so no worries! I am safe, happy, and healthy. If I don't respond to any messages for the next week, don't be alarmed. I'm not dead, I'm just in Kitwe!

No comments:

Post a Comment