Thursday, March 14, 2013

An Evening Out

Byron and Diane arrived in Luanshya this evening. All of us (Adam(UK),Lynn, Byron, Diane(all CAN), and myself) went out for dinner in Luanshya. We were hoping to go out for Indian food, but no dice. We went out to this other restaurant instead. The guys all got t-bone steaks, while Diane and I got wings. We all got salads and french fries as well, along with Coke or Sprite. (With the exception of Lynn who got a grapetizer.) They might have been the best wings I ever ate. It's strange how Africa can be so drastically different, and yet so similar to life back home.



Random fact of the day: One thing that is not similar to life back home is how sweet the jelly is here! Naturally after landing we went to Pick n Pay to get some groceries. I'm only in Luanshya a few days, so I bought the basics: bread, peanut butter, jelly, and carrots. I had toast with jelly for breakfast and I thought it was really sweet. I hadn't had any jelly for a few days though, so I thought maybe I was just oversensitive to the concentration of sugar. Well, I was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while Adam was making his lunch and I commented on it. Without any hesitation he agreed, not just that it was sweet, but almost disgustingly so. I thought South Africans loved their foods sweet, but even they don't compare to the Zambians...

No comments:

Post a Comment