Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Two Years On...

As I tried to fall asleep last night after I wrote the last post, I was struck by the fact that I can notice my own growth. I've been home from Africa about 25 months. Maybe because I'm here in this place so infrequently, it's easy to see changes in myself and how I operate. Obviously I've grown in my knowledge about Hands, but that is really minor and a much slower process than other things. We were talking about living in community and the interactions that come with that. It can often make us see the ugliness we can so easily ignore when we are home in our respective offices, because we are so often isolated. There is definite truth it that! The really exciting thing for me is noticing that I have changed though. The ugliness is there, but there is also such encouragement that my heart and my default mode of operation is being changed. I've even been thinking about the post I wrote last night and the conversation I've referenced. I am truly amazed at the events of that conversation and how I really trusted. This is not to brag, but it is definitely an amazing way God has worked in me! If you know me well, you know I am often the queen of indecisiveness. That has been really encouraging! But also, how I interact and love people in general. I've learned to treat people with more grace and not take things so personally. I've also happily noticed a few other general things that are encouraging. I know I'm blessed because Hands is kind of a 'control group' outside of my normal social circle and that might make it easier to judge my own growth. Just know that I'm growing, and be encouraged that if you are pursuing a healthy Christian life, you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment