Friday, May 1, 2015

Countdown!!!

Well it's almost here!!! There is only one more week until my trip to South Africa. I'm sure this week will fly by and feel like time is moving to slowly at the same time.

People will be attending from our international offices in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and of course the United States. Some people will be traveling as early as the 5th, while three of us from the US office are flying out on the 9th. Prayers for safe travels, successful connections, and health our appreciated! Brooke, Jennifer, Sara and Suzette are traveling from the US office (and me of course!) Brooke and Suzette are traveling earlier. I'm spending the night, or at least a few hours, at the airport hotel Friday night. My first flight leaves at 5:45am and will take me to JFK. I'll have a few hours to relax and find food, and find Jennifer! Jennifer is on the US MGMT team in addition to the COMM team, and we happened to book the same flight out of JFK. Sara is on the next flight out of JFK and will hopefully meet us in Johannesburg before our short flight to Kruger. We'll land around noon local time and once we make it back to the HUB we'll have time to shower and make ourselves feel human again before kicking things off Sunday night.

International Celebrations will last for four days, culminating with meetings Thursday afternoon. I am looking forward to it very much and cannot wait to tell you everything that happens! Friday I'll have time to just soak up time with friends and life in Africa. I'll fly out Saturday evening and land early Sunday morning.

Another thing to be praying about: Teams season is also getting into high gear. We have teams that have members who have been to Africa before, but we are also sending people to Africa for the first time. We have teams of college students, teams with young families, old families...it's an exciting mix!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment