Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Different Kindof Year and A Different Kindof Post

So, some of you, and by 'you' I mean all the Americans out there who happen to be residing in western Pennsylvania, might have heard a rumor. Except it's only a rumor if it's not true... always getting caught up in technicalities. But I digress...

My home church, where I have gone my entire life, is officially no longer my home.

That doesn't mean I don't love and care about all of you.
That doesn't mean that I hate you, or wish you any ill-will.

It means God is doing things in my life.
It means that I've been called to unfamiliar territory and new adventures.
It means that I've finally listened.

This has been something I have wrestled with for quiet some time.
I was content to keep wrestling.
Until I found something more important to wrestle with.

I'm the same as you, but I've experienced difference experiences.
I've been dealt a different hand.
I don't know if I will ever get married or have my own biological children.

And I don't care.
Afterall, I already have over 100 children of my own.

Children that are growing, that need new clothes, and want a cellphone.
A cellphone that doesn't work, just so they can play with it and pretend.
Children that have so much energy I want to pull out my hair,
all while making me smile and see the world through new eyes.

Children that have experienced terrible things. Death, loss, heartache and hunger.
Children that have been forgotten.

I would gladly give my life if it meant that these children would be remembered.
That someone would care enough to put the needs of these children ahead of their own wants.

I've been called to a new season, and a new church.
A church I hope will help me grow in my faith, and help me be a better advocate for my kids.
If I don't share my stories, how will anyone know them?
How will anyone love them?



"Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: 
to look after orphans and widows in their distress 
and to keep oneself unstained by the world." 
-James 1:27[HCSB]





'Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, 
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."'
  -Matthew 19:14[NIV]


God has radically changed my life in these past twelve months.
I hate to say that, because I feel like that has become such a cliche - but, alas, it is true.
My world has been rocked in areas that I didn't even realize was possible.
So far I'm rolling with the punches. Adapting and growing.

I'm ready for a new phase and new adventures. New friends and new challenges.
Thankfully I have found a church that will make me feel more 'at home.'
Almost like being in Africa, just on the wrong side of the pond.

I am always missing Africa.
Always waiting for the day that I will be called back.
My heart is missing a huge piece...

But I still have a heart! And you're in it!
Whether we talk often or rarely, I probably think of you more often than it would seem
and admire you more often than you realize.
I'll be praying for all of the good things I know God has planned for your lives.
I hope you will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment